WHAT WE ARE DOING
Our team is working on the following toward youth substance abuse prevention:
1. SLO County School Curriculum: We have consulted with the Rand Corporation to assist in implementing comprehensive substance abuse prevention curriculum in our schools beginning with 7th and 8th grades. We are currently requesting County schools consider how to best implement the curriculum.
2. Videos/Public Service Announcements: Targeting youth geared to ages 11-14 years old.
2. Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other social media presence with our message. We are about to embark on a POSAFY Podcast--stay tuned!
3. Materials: Brochures, Stickers, Mailers, Key chains, Clothing, etc. with our message.
4. Presentations/Events: We address school assemblies, health classes, after school programs, continuing education, parent forums, professional education, etc. We are equipped to provide speakers to all ages, including parents, service clubs, community events, in-service trainings.
5. Today's Marijuana and Opioid Epidemic: We are providing education for youth, families and communities on the dangers of today's marijuana on the developing brain. We are aware of the current Opioid epidemic and considering ways to best educate on prevention of Opioid abuse.
6. Tobacco: We have recently expanded our efforts to better address continued tobacco addiction, particularly when mixed with marijuana, and the harms to our youth and communities. This includes education on the dangers of vape pens and vaping.
7. Alcohol and other drugs: POSAFY is working toward having a comprehensive information packet to educate on the harms of all drugs, including tobacco.
We have presenters from the recovering community, as well as professional addiction specialists available to speak.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF CARING INDIVIDUALS:
Email us how you can help: firstname.lastname@example.org Contribute to our funding: click here