WHAT WE ARE DOING
Our team is working on the following toward youth substance abuse prevention:
1. SLO County School Curriculum: We have consulted with the Rand Corporation to assist in implementing comprehensive substance abuse prevention curriculum in our schools beginning with 7th and 8th grades. We have sent information to all County schools suggesting this free online program.
2. Videos/Public Service Announcements: Targeting youth geared to ages 11-14 years old.
Goals for 2020 include airing PSAs on substance abuse prevention.
2. Social Media/Website: We continue to provide a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other social media presence with our message. We have kicked off our Podcast series and are set to record new segments: stay tuned. www.brainstreampodcast.com. We are also planning to expand our website to be a County resource for teachers, families, parents, youth, law enforcement, politicians, and all other professionals.
3. Materials: We are gearing up to develop a POSAFY Info Kit on substance abuse prevention, beginning with Everything you should know about today's marijuana. We are also providing Brochures, Stickers, Mailers, Key chains, Clothing, etc. with our message.
4. Presentations/Events: We address school assemblies, health classes, after school programs, continuing education, parent forums, professional education, etc. We are equipped to provide speakers to all ages, including parents, service clubs, community events, in-service trainings.
5. Today's Marijuana and Opioid Epidemic: We are providing education for youth, families and communities on the dangers of today's marijuana on the developing brain. We are aware of the current Opioid epidemic and considering ways to best educate on prevention of Opioid abuse.
6. Tobacco: We have recently expanded our efforts to better address continued tobacco addiction, particularly when mixed with marijuana, and the harms to our youth and communities. This includes education on the dangers of vape pens and vaping.
7. Alcohol and other drugs: POSAFY is working toward having a comprehensive information on our expanding website to educate on the harms of all drugs, including tobacco.
8. Pickleball: Pickleball Group for POSAFY (the PGP). We believe that keeping kids engaged is healthy, productive and can help lead them on safe and sober paths. Our goal is to provide encouragement in community participation, teach positive respect and self-esteem, along with game skills and enjoyment. We are in the process of developing a pickleball program. We have a pro and assistant prepared to deliver this program. We are currently looking for a location and determining our target group. Please let us know if you have any interest in assisting with this program.
We have presenters from the recovering community, as well as professional addiction specialists available to speak.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF CARING INDIVIDUALS:
Email us how you can help: email@example.com Contribute to our funding: click here